CHARMOULA LAMB LEG STEAKS WITH MINTED CUCUMBER YOGURT
For the Charmoula:
pinch of saffron
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 bunch of fresh coriander, coarsely shredded
1 tbsp of 7th Heaven Carmoula spice blend
pinch of ground ginger
generous pinch of flaky sea salt
25 ml olive oil
For The Lamb:
4 lamb leg steaks (90g-100g each)
1 quantity of charmoula
1/2 tsp coarse salt (less if using fine)
small handful of mint leaves
200 ml Greek yogurt
30 mil extra-virgin olive oil
1. For the Charmoula: Crumble the saffron between your fingers into a small bowl with the lemon juice and zest. Leave for 10 minutes, then mix with the rest of the ingredients.
2. Coat the steaks with half the charmoula and chill in a dish, covered tightly, for at least 2 hours and up to 24 turning once or twice. Grate the cucumber, then mix it with the salt and leave in a bowl for 30 minutes. Add 1 teacup of cold water, slosh it around gently for a few seconds, then drain in a sieve and gently squeeze out excess moisture. Shred the mint leaves (don't chop too finely or you will lose lots of flavor), then mix into the cucumber. Stir in the yogurt and olive oil, then taste and season.
3. Wipe excess marinade from the steaks and lightly brush with oil, then cook until medium rare (3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness). Baste with reserved marinade as they cook. Rest the lamb for 5 minutes, the serve.
CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH MUSHROOM
12 oz wide egg noodles
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion
4 oz white or cremini mushrooms sliced (about 2 cups)
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into chunks
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sweet paprika, plus more for topping
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken or murshroom broth
1/2 cup sour cream, plus more for topping
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon of granulated black garlic (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of 7th Heaven Porcini Mushroom spice Blend
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, Add the noddles and cook as the label directs, then drain. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, the chicken, flour, black garlic, 7th Heaven Porcini Mushroom spice blend and the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until the chicken browns, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a gentle simmer; cook until thickened about 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Continue simmering gently until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Divide the noddles among plates. Top with the chicken mixtures, parsley, some sour cream and paprika.
TABIL PORK CASSEROLE
500g pork, diced
3 tbs organic plain flour
salt to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
300 mi vegetable bouillon
1 tbs tomato puree
glug of sherry or red wine
1 tsp (or more) 7th Heaven spice blend Tabil
1. Season the flour with the salt and roll the pork in the flour
2. Heat some oil in a casserole dish and brown the seasoned pork. Add the onions
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil
4. Simmer or cook in the oven in a medium heat for about an hour
5. Add more Tabil seasoning to taste
NOTE: If cooking in a slow cooker, brown the meat and onions then transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on slow for around 7 hours - delicious.
ICE CREAM FRENCH TOAST
Butter Pecan Ice cream (your favorite will do)
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of ground cinnamon
8 slices of Texas toast (or thick cut)
cooking oil, as needed
THIS RECIPE IS FOR A FLAT TOP GRILL BUT CAN BE DONE IN AN IRON SKILLET
1. Combine the melted ice cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bowl wide enough for the bread to be easily dipped into. Mix very well or until frothy.
2. Bring the griddle grill to medium-high heat and coat the surface with oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, dip each side of the bread into the egg batter so it lightly coats each each side. Allow any additional batter to drain back into the bowl.
3. Place the bread on the griddle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the French toast is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
4. Dress toast with blueberries and strawberry's (optional)
Posted on 7th Heaven's Facebook page by Mike Yaggi:
"I did a 14 pound Brisket this weekend using the 7th Heaven Spice blend "Bourbon Whiskey Coffee" blend. It came out so good. I live in CT and visited the Farmers Market in Bluffton, SC while visiting my mother down there. I will be buying more blends through your website".
1 pound of large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1-2 heads black garlic
2 tbs butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 cup white wine
Lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tbs parsley, chopped
1 pound linguini, cooked
1. Remove garlic from heads. Place on a cutting board and use the back of a knife to squish garlic to form a paste. Set a small portion aside for the garlic butter.
2. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.
3. Add shallot and cook until translucent and soft. Add black garlic and whisk to combine. Add white wine, lemon juice and zest.l Reduce sauce by half.
4. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Place shrimp in skillet and cook until pink, turning once about 3-5 minutes. Add parsley.
5. Combine butter and garlic to create a paste, then smear over baquette.
6. Boil for 5 minutes.
7. Serve shrimp scampi over linguini. Remember to sop up any sauce with the crusty baguette.